Sign up to send your application
Your Future Dream Job Just One Click Away
Engineering And Operations Lead
Application Start Date
Application End date
- Project engineers, maintenance engineer, chief executive officer
- Work Relationships
- All Departments, Contractors, Sub-contractors
- Job Summary
- The job exists to provide functional leadership and operational direction to the Engineering Team. The role is also responsible for the delivery of all engineering projects at ERS; designing, directing, planning and coordinating all engineering operational activities carried out by employees or third-party contractors whilst ensuring all operational activities are consistent with established goals, objectives, policies and HSE standards.
- Act as lead in the design and delivery of engineering projects, ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, in-budget and to-specification.
- Develop plans for all engineering initiatives by establishing the costs, schedules, and technical service level agreements for each initiative.
- Track the progress of engineering projects against set and agreed baselines and ensuring that projects are delivered timely.
- Act as lead in the support of pre-sales/new business activities on technical and engineering projects.
- Responsible for resource management to ensure consistent delivery of products and services
- Develop and implement mitigation strategies for critical hse risks for new projects.
- Oversee the management of projects from proposal acceptance through to installation
- Ensure that all projects are undertaken within budget and on time.
- Meet weekly with the team to discuss progress on all current projects.
- Coordinate additional meetings as required with key staff to move projects forward.
- Set and manage project performance targets for direct reports and project team.
- Ensure that completed projects meet the specification and predetermined internal quality standards
- Prepare, revise and submit project reports, budgets and other documentation to the chief executive officer and board of directors.
- Develop, maintain and update technical standards, codes of practice and specifications in line with world class practices while ensuring operational procedures are practical, accurate and fit for purpose.
- Manage all 3rd party contractors and vendor selection actively to monitor the costs and look for opportunities for cost savings.
- Monitor sub-contractor performance actively to ensure compliance with set key performance indicators (kpis) and sla agreements as well as ensure that the service delivery meets expectations
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Possession of hse level 3 qualification.
- Registered member of society of engineers (local/international) such as nse, coren etc.
- Technical Requirements
- Technology savvy
- Proficient in the use of microsoft office stools especially word and powerpoint
- Knowledge Requirements
- Knowledge of technical operational management best practice.
- Experience in engineering operations environment with a strong focus towards operational excellence;
- Knowledge of international hse legislation and standards;
- Project management;
- Knowledge of financial impacts on bids/contracts/projects;
- Excellent use of it (ms word, excel, power point, other it tools)
- Skills Requirements
- Deciding and initiating action
- Leading and supervising
- Working with people
- Presenting and communicating information
- Writing and reporting
- Applying expertise and technology
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Planning and organizing
- Creating and innovating
- Delivering results and meeting expectations
- Work Experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience with at least 3 in a leadership role that entails major engineering project delivery.
Monthly Pay (NGN)
Salary discussed upon interview
- Nigeria | Lagos