Sign up to send your application
HEALTH SAFETY SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT HSSE MANAGER Manufacturing Company
Application Start Date
Application End date
Our client is a leading manufacturing company with offices in Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Ogun states. The company is seeking to strengthen its team through the recruitment of a Health, Safety, Social and Environment (HSSE) Manager to oversee the company’s multiple locations and supports the company’s rapidly growing portfolio, consistent with its ambitious vision and mission.
Job Location: Lagos State.
The HSSE Manager will be responsible for formulating, managing, maintaining and improving Health, Safety, Social and Environmental Performance across the Company. The HSSE Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the company’s Health, Safety, Social and Environment Management System, ensuring that legislations are adhered to and complied with in accordance with international best practice.
1. Formulate health, safety, social and environmental policies, procedures and programmes that comply with local and international best practice regulations.
2. Oversee the effective implementation, updating, review and auditing of the company’s Health, Safety, Social and Environmental Management Systems; address environmental and social issues associated with operational activities and provide for their update in line with changes in
Legislation and Company Directives.
3. Supervise and train HSE /operational personnel across the company’s multiple locations
4. Coordinate hazard identification, risk assessment, emergency response, and drills and enforce preventive measures
5. Carryout companywide trainings and presentations on relevant health, safety, social and environmental matters.
6. Report on the company’s compliance with all applicable health, social, safety and environmental laws including relevant international standards and guidelines (IFC Performance Standards and applicable World Bank EHS requirements) to ensure the general improvement of the
7. Maintain an up-to-date perspective on relevant HSSE issues and provide for the education and familiarization of all Company personnel on the importance of Environment, Social, Safety and Health aspects within the organization.
8. Assist the Commercial, Engineering and Operations Department in their interaction with clients and contractors in all issues relating to Health, Safety, Social and Environment
9. Represent the company in meetings with Government bodies and other agencies on matters regarding workplace health and safety, liaising with these agencies for regular updates on legal regulations and program initiatives on workplace safety and environmental issues
10. Work with Environmental and Social consultants on HSSE mandates from investors and company Management.
11. Identifying opportunities for adding value in the organization related to HSSE opportunities above and beyond risk management, if and when appropriate.
12. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the company Management.
Qualifications and Requisite Skills:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Sciences or Engineering, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years related HSE experience preferably within a manufacturing environment
Institute of Safety professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) Membership (Associate as minimum).
NEBOSH (IGC or Diploma)
- Possess strong knowledge of OHSAS18001, IS014001
- Experience and familiarity with the IFC Performance Standards and World Bank Group EHS Guidelines. Familiarity with the ILO Core Labour Standards will be an advantage.
- Ability to work and champion environmental, safety and social actions / issues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate and maintain positive and proactive relations with all level of employees, as well as other external stakeholders such as communities, contractors, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyse diverse information, manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively often under time pressure and with minimum supervision.
- ·Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment and sound decision-making and negotiating skills.
- Good team player who can work as a member of multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to administer first-aid and respond accordingly in case of emergency.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently in Nigeria as required.
- Salary is negotiable
How To Apply:
Interested qualified applicants can send CVs ‘ANF-2018’ as subject before 3rd December 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Monthly Pay (NGN)
Salary discussed upon interview
- Nigeria | Lagos