Sign up to send your application
Phase3 Telecoms Limited
Network Operating Centre NOC Engineer
Application Start Date
Application End date
Phase3 Telecom is West Africa’s largest independent fibre optic infrastructure and telecommunications services provider. With coverage of 6000km and counting, the company is licensed to run its network on Nigeria’s power infrastructure with expansion into the ECOWAS region using its unique Right of Way (RoW).
- We are seeking a candidate to fill the role of Network Operating Centre (NOC) Engineer at the Company’s head office.
- This is an integral role within the company; which involves direct monitoring and management of network, servers and any telecommunication equipment in the data centre.
- The NOC Engineer is to ensure maximum service availability and performance; to provision customer network services on core equipment and; to provide support services for engineering and other technical teams. The role of the NOC engineer is pivotal as it oversees network surveillance and incident management activities which are at the core of our business.
- Our clients are the leading players in the Nigerian telecommunication industry; hence an ideal candidate must possess high-level technical capabilities to function within the industry. Candidate must be able to prioritize remediation in a 24/7 environment with critical uptime requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
Include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the monitoring of operations of the NMS(s)/NOC 24/7.
- Ensure proper analysis of the network alarms to enable clear interpretation.
- Ensure constant documentation of provisioned links in the database.
- Coordinate the generation of network availability and performance on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Ensure trouble ticket is generated with details whenever there is an incident on the network.
- Escalation of incident to Field Team/NOC Manager immediately an outage occurs.
- Have knowledge of the transmission equipment/data network (SDH/DWDM/ROUTING) technology.
- Work with the support engineers in restoring network issues promptly.
- Responsible in the coordination of mails with the NOC manager before sending out to clients.
- Responsible for the efficient management of customer complaints and escalation as may be appropriate.
- Perform any other task as designated by the NOC manager.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering /Telecommunication/Computer Science /Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum two years relevant experience
Key Skills And Attributes:
- Good knowledge of network performance/configuration parameters and their interpretation and use.
- Team player, and able to also work with own initiative
- Strong Customer Relationship Management Skills.
- Dynamic and Creative; Ability to assimilate quickly and act decisively.
- Professional and Positive Approach
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Result oriented, able to work independently and under pressure
- Open minded approach to solving problems and dealing with new challenges.
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's of not more than three (3) pages in Microsoft Word or PDF, saved with Candidate’s Name to email Position applied for should be the subject line of the email.
- Applications not sent in line with stated guidelines will be disregarded.
- We value all applicants but due to the large volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to applications which meet the minimum requirement.
- Finance services & financial technology (fintech)
- IT & IT services, Programming, Web design and computers
- Mass media, social and related
Monthly Pay (NGN)
Salary discussed upon interview
- Nigeria | Abuja