Sign up to send your application
VACANCY FOR A CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER Non Governmental Organization
Application Start Date
Application End date
Our client is a non-profit organisation that promotes sustainable development across Africa by midwifing reform initiatives and activities in education, health, media and the economy. The organization is entering a period of rapid growth and is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to provide support to the board and lead the management team through this growth phase and beyond.
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
- To provide leadership and direction for the organisation in line with its set vision, mission and values
- To partner with high-level officers to grow, strengthen and ensure sustainability
- To ensure the effective implementation of strategy
- To drive achievement of desired objectives and results
- A degree in business management, finance, communication and any other related course is essential.
- A Masters degree and/or relevant professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years of corporate managerial experience
- Experience working with similar developmental organizations, CSR departments or related fields.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the organization’s operations to ensure the implementation of standard procedures and best practices for non-profits.
- Direct the organization’s strategic and continuous improvement planning to ensure realization of the vision and mission of social transformation and sustainable development.
- Develop strategies for the effective execution of the organization’s vision and mission that are in line with the firms’s status as a non-profit organisation.
- Provide oversight for the various organisational projects and programs that are implemented.
- Maintain effective communication with the Board, providing all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and staff in the development of social reform and fundraising strategies.
- Oversee the development and activities of the hub community to drive meaningful connections and collaborations.
- Work closely with the Culture & Communication Officer and the Quality Control Officer to maintain and promote the organization’s image to the public.
- Oversee fundraising and relationships with local and international partner/donor networks.
- Provide annual budget recommendation to the Board and ensuring adherence to approved budget.
- Develop opportunities for collaboration with partners for multi-agency initiatives and co-creation of solutions to manage complex needs.
- Oversee the organisational development, performance management and continuous improvement plans.
- Oversee the organization’s proposal development, grant applications and fund raising processes.
- Provide oversight for the management of the organization’s facilities and administrative functions.
- Lead the development of annual goals and guide the successful execution of strategies that promote financial and organizational value.
- Working with the departmental leaders to develop and plan annual goals, objectives, activities and budget tied to the organization’s overall strategy.
- Oversee the development, measurement and monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Implement performance-based budgeting, taking into consideration the organization’s non-profit status.
- Design and implement organisational structures, that are consistent with best practise for non-profits, with clear reporting lines, minimal bureaucracy and optimal delegation of responsibilities and authority.
- Design and implement performance management mechanisms to monitor staff output as well as in ensuring that standards are maintained and deadlines are met without compromise to the quality of work.
- Oversee staff development programme, training schedule for new volunteers as well as the development of appropriate tools and methods to build organisational competence and stronger teams.
- Promote fiscal integrity by ensuring the submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflects the organization’s financial condition.
- Provide fiscal management that generally anticipates the firm’s operations as a non-profit and donor funding recipient, operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization of assets and keeping the organization in a positive financial position.
- Lead and oversee fundraising initiatives and developing other resources necessary to support the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Direct and work closely with the Program Coordinator to ensure that programmes green lighted for development are in line with the organization’s vision, mission and mandate.
- Direct and work closely with the Program Coordinator and the Culture and Communication Officer, in proposal development, grant and fundraising strategy and ensuring the organization meets baseline requirements for grant and fundraising application, compliance, and reporting standards.
- Direct and work closely with the Finance Coordinator to prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return.
- Direct and work closely with Administrative Coordinator regarding hiring practices, payroll and benefit disbursement.
- Direct and work closely with the Culture & Communications Coordinator for the continuous development and implementation of effective internal and external communication strategy.
- Direct and work closely with the Quality Control Officer to ensure the implementation of governance processes and systems as well as ensuring compliance to global best practices and donors/partners requirements.
- Direct and work closely with the Program Coordinator and the Quality Control Officer in directing and managing the reform activities, direct employees, volunteers, reform entrepreneurs and the Hub Community for the realisation of operational excellence.
- Direct and work closely with the Facility Manager in the management of the organization’s assets, facility-related services and operations.
- Key targets and objectives are met within agreed timeframes.
- Key deliverables are produced within agreed timeframes to required standards.
- Donor and partner confidence is maintained.
- A team approach is adopted with staff in resolving issues of internal controls.
- Management reports are comprehensive and submitted within established timeframe.
- Operational recommendations lead to organisational improvements.
- Confidentiality and integrity are exercised.
- Adequate quality controls and tracking systems are implemented.
- Staff is competent and productive.
Qualified profiles should be sent using ‘EO/IA/19’ as subject of mail before 8th February, 2019. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Monthly Pay (NGN)
Salary discussed upon interview
- Nigeria | Lagos