VACANCY FOR HEAD TRANSPORT LOGISTICS job ref H-TL
Application Start Date
Application End date
Our client is into the manufacturing of diverse FMCG products.
Employment Type: Full-time
To coordinate capacity and resource planning, Fleet activities and efficient transportation of all finished products.
- To coordinate daily loading activities and deliveries carried out by fleet officers.
- To track and monitor movement of trucks to and from the factories and/or workshop.
- Ensure profitability by controlling costs and enhancing trip performance.
- Full responsibility for fleet maintenance and the mechanical workshops.
- Coordinate between the organization’s transport and third party transporters to ensure truck availability at all times.
- Liaise with Sales and Finance departments to ensure the right rate is appropriately charged on services rendered by the company transport unit.
- Review the need and recommend for approval the right number and rates before third party transporters are engaged.
- Close monitoring of the distribution process to ensure timely and cost effective deliveries.
- Manage and account for utilization of spares and other consumables.
- Coordinate and inspect the complete documentation including drivers and vehicle licenses.
- Maintain and monitor turnaround time (TAT) for drivers.
- Manage the payment process of Driver’s waybills and Road expenses as at when due.
- Review and report logistics/fleet performance against plans.
- Build good working relationship with Regulatory Agencies to ensure smooth operation of the fleet.
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational and Planning skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management
- Time Management and Collaboration
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis
- Business acumen and excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical, commercial and analytical skills including ability to present business case for the Fleet operations
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering or any related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- 5 years’ Managerial experience
- Relevant professional certification in Transport in Nigeria. E.g. National Institute of Transport & Logistics is an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidate should email CV ‘H-T&L’ as subject before 27th December, 2018. Only suitable applicants will be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.
Monthly Pay (NGN)
Salary discussed upon interview